My name is Craig Turner, I live in Central Victoria, Australia.
But then, you probably know that already. Or if you don’t, do you really care?
What this site is really about is my writing. I wouldn’t describe myself as a blogger. Its really a bit vain. If I was really interested in inflicting random thoughts about how some one on the train was rude today, or how much I hate the new Justin Lopez Song then I would Facebook it.
I hate Facebook.
I hate the idea that every random occurrence is worthy of spreading to the world. Or that the world is worthy of sharing in every important moment.
But I digress. I blog (sort of) because I think it is a valuable skill. Writing is a habit, and a skill, and an art form. And a chore. And a joy. Blogging is probably today’s short story. Or maybe the short story is still today’s short story.
I used to like writing short stories. Until I discovered why I loved writing them. Laziness. Short stories are easy to complete. Well, crap short stories. As any good short story writer can tell you, a good short story is far harder to write than more verbose forms. Short stories require an economy and precision that can be neglected in longer forms.
Now I hate short stories. But I push myself to write them. And blog. Because it’s like honing a knife. You aren’t trying to cut the whet stone. You are trying to sharpen the knife.
So here I am, blogging, not because you might care.
But because I have a knife.
And it needs sharpening.
Stories and Publications By Craig Turner
- Aaron and Amman, 12 Dec 2015, Winner 2015 QLO Short Story Competition.
Subscribe to my email list
I have an email list that I use to provide announcements of new stories or books, or other information that may be of interest. Subscribers will periodically receive advance copies, or stories that I won’t publish elsewhere.
I won’t use your email for any evil purposes. No spam, ever, I promise.
Other ways you can contact or follow me are
- Facebook. I have a facebook page that I post to. The url is https://www.facebook.com/craigturnerauthor .
- Twitter. Follow me @craig.turner6
- LinkedIn: My LinkedIn Profile: https://au.linkedin.com/in/turnercraig
- Amateur Radio? I love Amateur radio, particularly data and HF, but I don’t get on the air very much at the moment. I have a Standard Callsign, VK3LCT assigned by the Australian Communications and Media Authority.